This post is a long time coming. I’m kind of a beauty hoarder. Not something I get into a lot on the blog but I have a closet just for beauty products. This is a collection of my favorite things I’ve been using these past few months. A lot of this has been gifted and I’ll be sure to tell you what I’ll be purchasing again and what I won’t be. Starting from the bottom because those are the things I can’t live without. You know that, natural but not natural look. Ha.My thoughts are in italicsand the brands promises follow my thoughts.
1. Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Concealer $29 – I live for this concealer. Nuff said. An oil-free, medium-coverage concealer that covers imperfections while remaining invisible to high-definition televisions and the naked eye.This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look.
2. READY Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ℅ bareMinerals $29 – I don’t wear traditional foundation. I use this which I consider to be more of a powder. It’s a must have and I will be purchasing it. It’s lightweight, you will forget you’re wearing it. Makes my skin look even and fabulous. A solid mineral foundation that gives long-lasting hydrating coverage without looking or feeling like a foundation. Invisible long-wearing coverage beautifully covers everything yet feels like nothing. It leaves behind no traces of makeup, and the more you use it, the better your skin looks. Exceptional hydrating coverage lasts up to 12 hours with a no-makeup look and feel.
3. Mineralize Skinfinish Center of the Universe ℅ MAC (Limited Edition) $30 – I use this as a highlighter/bronzer and it gives my skin a gorgeous glow. I’ll be on eBay and Amazon when this is finished to restock it. A gorgeous galaxy of supernova shades. On the surface they look marbleized, but on the skin they blend for stunning celestial effects. A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
4. TIGI Glow Blush ℅ GlossyBox $22 – Glossy box sent me their April box to check out and this was my favorite product from the box. I was in the market for a blush so the timing was perfect. A soft, baked powder formula that effortlessly provides a glow-from-within effect and looks beautiful on all skin tones.
5. Diamond Life Infusion ℅ Natura Bisse $590 – Would I buy this myself? At this stage in life no. If I had it to spend…probably. It smells great and my skin feels great when I use it. Also Beyonce uses it…so yah know. A powerful rejuvenating night treatment exclusively designed to treat skin ages 35 and over capable of regulating the SKIN AGE BIOMARKERS that prolongs the lifespan of skin cells and slows the aging process to preserve the youth of the skin through a natural magnetite.
Look at me using a “cut” the way it was intended (for long posts) and not just to boost my page views.
6. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Felt Tip Eyeliner $10.95 – I bought this because Eva Chen recommended it. ‘Nuff said. I use it on super natural days. It’s also helped me get better at doing a cat eye. I would like to try the thinner Eye Booster next. High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the bold and dramatic definition of a felt-tip eyeliner, in one easy step.
7. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Liner $18 – I use this on my waterline, sometimes switching with Urban Decay’s 24/7 liners. They both work the same and both will have a place in my makeup kit. An award-winning, waterproof, smudge- and fade-resistant eyeliner that doubles as a vibrant eye shadow.
8. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner $18 – I’m not the best with liquid liner so any time I can find a product that lets me cheat I’m there. This pen allows me to just draw on my liner with a lot more precision and less shaky hands. This has replaced myUrban Decay liquid liner. A liquid liner pen that works on the face and the body. Achieve dramatic eyes and create temporary tattoos with this water-resistant must-have that brings out the artist in you. The innovative brush tip makes it easy to make your personal vision a reality.
9. Black Tango Palette ℅ Make Up For Ever $45 – I experimented with this palette a couple times and thought it was cool, basically cream eye shadow in a pretty palette. Then one day I used the shades together and it was like a perfect storm on my eyes. Plus the closures keep the shadows from drying out which I find to be a problem with the typical glass containers. These are always creamy and ready to use and are hella long lasting. A decorated eye shadow palette inspired by MAKE UP FOR EVER’s founder and creative director, Dany Sanz’s, love of Argentine Tango dancing. Black Tango Palette features four limited-edition, sultry shades of Aqua Cream, a smudge-proof cream eye shadow that will not crease or fade.
10. Gel Polish Starter Kit ℅ Sensationail $59.99 – I don’t love doing my nails myself. I like the results just not the procedure or the fact that your nails chip. Enter Sensationail and now I have a manicure/pedicure that last more than a week. You have to do it correctly though. I’d say it only takes one go to really get it. There is no dry time. You do your nails and they are dry…I’ve been short on time and did this and had great nails for a shoot before. SensatioNail’s Starter Kit has everything you need for a salon-quality gel manicure in 3 easy steps. The exclusive PRO 3060 LED lamp delivers super-gloss shine and zero dry time!
11. Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash ℅ Origins $20 – I love the consistency of this face wash. Has no parabens or sulfates and never leaves my skin feeling like a desert. A face cleanser that cleverly balances dry and oily places. When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.
12. Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color ℅ Make Up For Ever $24 – This lipstick doesn’t budge. It is waterproof, it’s not gonna be all over your face if you eat with your lipstick on. It’s a blessing. You must use a makeup remover wipe or solution to take it off. It lingers. I need this in EVERY color available. A liquid lip color that provides the intense and long-lasting hold of a lip stain with the eye-catching shine of a gloss.
13. Essence Hand + Body Smoother ℅ VMV Hypoallergenics $25 I’ve been using some pretty crappy lotions lately and this one just reminded me what it’s like to not have your skin dry back out by the time you leave the house. I have super dry skin and so far this has been working like a charm. The smoothest move you’ll ever made. This lotion’s surprising lightness belies seriously s-“ooh”-thing, Reparative moisturization.With coconut-derived fatty acids, glycerin, organic virgin coconut oil + antioxidants for unrivaled softening of even very parched skin.
14. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick $6 – I have like 10 of these. Seriously, I have a lot at least as many as featured in this collage. One of my favorite drugstore finds. Doesn’t dry out your lips, the color is always amazing and so affordable. What’s not to love. Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.
15. Laura Geller Lip Strip ℅ $20 – Usually after wearing some crazy drying MAC lipstick (ahem ahem I have several and I’m not a fan yet I keep buying them WHY?!) I’ll use this lip strip to return some moisture and smoothness to my lips. I love the smell and it’s like a little mini spa experience in your home. I’ll definitely continue to buy this. A gentle, hydrating lip scrub. The innovative formula will give you the beautiful, smooth lips that make lipstick and gloss go on smoother, last longer and look fabulous. Lip Strip gently buffs dry lips to renewed smoothness.
THAT’S ALL FOLKS. How sick are you of hearing about Make Up For Ever…probably almost as sick of me typing it. Why I didn’t switch to MUFE is beyond me. Why am I still writing when this is long enough?
bareMinerals Beauty Beauty Essentials Beyonce CoverGirl Eva Chen Kat Von D Kendrick Lamar Laura Geller MAC MAC Cosmetics Make Up For Ever Makeup Natura Bisse Origins Physicians Formula Sensationail TIGI Tigi Cosmetics Urban Decay VMV Hypoallergenics